MATRIX, a part of Motion Recruitment Partners family of companies is looking to hire an energetic and talented Payroll Specialist to be responsible for processing employee’s payroll and commissions.
What does a Payroll Specialist do:
The Payroll Specialist will assist with all W2 employees’ payroll as well as commissions. These include sales employees, salaried employees, and hourly consultants. The person in this position will process payrolls, review employee and company setup, as well as resolving employee questions related to payroll. They will also review various jurisdiction compliance items, set up garnishments, and review paid sick leave requirements as applicable.
The position presents opportunities to work closely with HR, benefits, commissions, and various accounting team members, along with those in our sales organization. Candidates should enjoy looking for process improvements, handling a wide range of payroll responsibilities and multi-tasking to ensure success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process large payroll files, track time records of employees, and calculate hours worked to process payments accurately.
- Handles various pay schedules including weekly, biweekly, and semi-monthly.
- Acts as a point of contact by answering a variety of questions relating to employees’ payments.
- Coordinates efforts between the payroll and other departments, such as the human resources and benefits.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures the proper filing of taxes (often thru ADP) and various other reporting.
- Assists with review of commissions.
- Performs reconciliations.
- Maintains ongoing communication with peers and management team.
- Handles other duties and projects as needed.
- Follow safety protocols and ensure that any direct reports also follow appropriate safety protocols.
What are the qualifications to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Have 2+ years of payroll experience.
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Workday experience a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Compensation: Range from $55,000 to $65,000, commensurate with skill level and experience
- Highly competitive benefit package including health, vision, dental, paid time off (includes vacation and sick time), medical and dependent flexible spending (FSA), health savings (HSA), critical illness coverage, volunteer and activism time off, paid parental leave (even pawternity leave!), 401k match with pre and post-tax options as well as an annual wellness reimbursement.
- Training, training, and more training – our virtual training program offers a library of 100+ courses with classes-based, as well as self-led content that will develop the necessary foundation for you to succeed and flourish in your role, as well as continue your learning throughout your time at MATRIX and Motion Recruitment Partners
- Ongoing one-on-one support and mentorship in all aspects of your role and development
- Fun, energetic, team-oriented work environment that makes you excited to go to work every day
Since 1989, Motion Recruitment Partners LLC has grown into a leading global recruitment service provider offering outsourced talent solutions, perm and contingent staffing, and MSP programs to growing companies around the world. Motion Recruitment Partner’s network of operating brands (Motion Recruitment, Sevenstep, The Goal and MATRIX) have a strong and proven track record with filling mission-critical positions using a unique, team-based approach to talent acquisition.
Apply now to learn more about the job opportunity and the unique culture and work environment here at Motion Recruitment Partners.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.