Information Systems Senior Administrator
$100k - $130k
A nationally recognized, non-profit applied research and consulting organization, established in 1951 and headquartered in Alexandria, VA is looking for a Senior Administrator to oversee, manage, and be the lead technical support of their Microsoft 365 applications and Azure environments. This position requires a high-level of skill and knowledge of Microsoft on-site and cloud environments including extensive SharePoint configuration and management experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain all organizational systems and applications, including on-site Windows servers and cloud-based Microsoft 365 and Azure environments.
- Maintain Microsoft Endpoint Management solution to secure and manage all user deployments, apps, and endpoint devices.
- Assist with developing technical documentation for best practices related to server and cloud hosted infrastructure, virtualization, and all organization hardware/software.
- Manage and operate help desk to assist users while ensuring the team maintains complete documentation of requests, actions taken and outcomes. Provide tier 2 and tier 3 support for all escalated issues.
- Perform routine audits and manages the monitoring and backups of all systems, networks, and software.
- Provide regular reports on security and compliance risks and alerts.
- Setup, install, and test software and hardware patches and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Trains the technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems.
- Works with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system specific skills.
- Remain up to date with all relevant aspects of computer software/hardware and operations.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
SharePoint and Teams Administration
- Manages the architecture and configuration of multiple SharePoint online site collections.
- Site collection administration and maintenance.
- Provide front-end development and administration to include document management, automated workflows, collaboration, content management within site collections.
- Maintains SharePoint integration with other Microsoft 365 applications including Microsoft Flow (Power Automate).
- Audits sites for policy compliance and reports on site usage.
- Maintains documentation for SharePoint configuration and architecture.
- Recommend and support governance policies and procedures for SharePoint use and features.
- A./B.S. degree in computer science or systems management and 7+ years of related work experience in developing, implementing, and supporting on-site and hosted environments (Windows Server 2019+, Microsoft 365, Azure, and AWS).
- 7+ years of experience managing Windows environments with Active Directory, group policies, Microsoft 365 solutions, and authentication technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with SharePoint/Teams administration.
- In depth knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, SSL, and Cisco Meraki technologies.
- Possess current relevant certifications with Microsoft 365 and/or Azure, Cisco CCNA or Meraki, CompTIA Security+ or Network+.
- 5+ years' experience in IT vendor management with SOWs, SLAs, and Work Order tracking.
- Project Management skills for all initiatives related to infrastructure upgrades and migrations.
- Skilled in scripting (e.g., PowerShell) and light programming.
- Experience with Federal Government compliance (NIST, CMMC, FedRAMP).
- Possess attention to detail and is a strong logical and analytical thinker.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Posted by: Jack Broach