$14k - $160k
Our client is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Controller to join their government sector team. This is a full-time permanent role with equity & bonus options, and a hybrid schedule; must be local to Arlington VA, Baltimore MD, or Washington D.C. As the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, and providing strategic guidance on fiscal matters.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, in-depth knowledge of governmental accounting principles, and the ability to lead financial operations efficiently. This position offers an opportunity to contribute to the efficient utilization of public resources and the achievement of organizational objectives. If you have a passion for financial management and a commitment to public service, we encourage you to apply.
Required Skills & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, accounting, or auditing, preferably within the government sector.
- Knowledge: Profound understanding of governmental accounting principles (GAAP/GASB), budgeting, financial analysis, and compliance requirements.
- Leadership Skills: Proven ability to lead and manage a team effectively, with excellent communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail and the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Technology Proficiency: Proficiency in financial software and ERP systems, along with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant tools.
- Ethics and Integrity: Uphold the highest ethical standards and integrity in financial management and decision-making processes.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree or CPA certification is preferred.
- Financial Management: Manage and supervise financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for government programs, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Budgeting and Planning: Develop, monitor, and analyze budgets, providing insights and recommendations to support effective resource allocation and financial planning.
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure adherence to governmental accounting standards and regulations, prepare financial statements, reports, and submissions for internal stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Internal Controls: Establish and maintain robust internal control procedures to safeguard financial assets and ensure integrity in financial reporting.
- Team Leadership: Supervise and mentor finance department staff, fostering a high-performance culture and promoting professional development.
- Strategic Guidance: Collaborate with senior management to provide strategic financial advice, contributing to decision-making processes and long-term planning initiatives.
- Audit Coordination: Coordinate and manage internal and external audits, liaising with auditors and addressing audit findings promptly and effectively.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation Time
- Stock Options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Posted by: Judy Jett