Enterprise Solutions Architect
$105/hr - $110/hr
The Enterprise Solutions Architect advances RaceTrac's world-class technical capabilities by applying hands-on solution architecture and strategic enterprise architecture. With deep expertise in Microsoft Azure and a keen understanding of technology and industry trends, they establish technical approaches to achieve RaceTrac's business objectives, and oversee their implementation as well-executed solutions. A self-driven, organized, and passionate professional, they create trust by leading from the front and setting an example for others to follow. This hybrid role is based at the RaceTrac campus, located in Atlanta, GA.
Project Architecture (40%)
• Review incoming project demand to identify architectural implications and opportunities.
• Partner with business teams to identify solution requirements & solution design options.
• Identify architectural risks and opportunities, ensuring appropriate decisions are taken.
• Lead the development of project solution designs, subject to Architecture Board review.
• Ensure project estimates are informed by design approaches and delivery options.
• Establish compelling business cases for architectural solutions and approaches.
• Oversee delivery efforts, offering counsel on technical issues to ensure project success.
Systems Architecture (30%)
• Define & communicate principles, standards, and patterns for assigned tech areas.
• Define and evangelize current and target-state architectures and plans to mature.
• Ensure cross-architectural alignment of assigned tech areas with peer areas.
• Conduct assessments of technologies and make rationalized selection decisions.
• Establish where industry trends and product / platform evolutions may be leveraged.
• Manage and proactively minimize technical debt.
• Ensure resilience, stability, availability, and recoverability are designed into the platform.
• Ensure enterprise scale via patterns including Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, Serverless.
Outreach and Governance (20%)
• Build informed and empowered communities of practice through Guilds and outreach.
• Participate in the Architecture Board to ensure sound decisions on architectural matters.
• Contribute to the Enterprise Technology Catalog for assigned technology areas.
• Be a coach and mentor to development and operations teammates.
• Be an advisor to business teammates and IT management.
• Be a primary liaison to suppliers, product / platform vendors, and industry organizations.
• 10+ years of IT experience, with 5+ years in an architectural role.
• 5+ years’ expertise in systems integration and technical architecture.
• 3+ years’ experience in leading technical teams of 15+ matrixed team members.
• 3+ years' experience in working with cloud technologies, specifically Azure.
• Hands-on experience with container and serverless technologies.
• Hands-on experience with Integration tools and patterns, e.g. APIs and Service Bus.
• Familiarity with Cloud & DevOps tools and practices (Serverless, IaC, CI/CD).
• Familiarity with Enterprise Data Platforms including Lake, Lakehouse, Warehouse, ETL.
• Proven track record in leading enterprise solution designs and their implementation.
• Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall project environments.
• Experience in one of the following areas: systems observability, automation / robotics, digital.
• Relevant cloud certifications, e.g., Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
• Hands-on experience with POS, Web, Mobile, and IoT based applications.
• Familiarity with Information Security and Data Privacy & Protection best practices.
• Prior experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
• Experience in managing technical debt and ensuring system resilience and stability.
• Convenience, Retail industry experience is a plus.
• Strong ability in mapping business requirements to technical solutions.
• Ability to conduct TCO analyses and build compelling business cases.
• Skill in developing architectural roadmaps and transformation plans.
• Capability to be both strategic and tactical when needed.
• Strong attention to detail; able to glean relevance from large volumes of information.
• Able to prioritize & apply systems thinking to unpredictable scenarios.
• Strong communication skills; able to speak plainly, openly, and candidly.
• Strong facilitation, delegation, and motivational skills; leads from the front.
• Able to proactively manage risks and establish plans to mitigate.
• Entrepreneurial thinking – able to apply the “art of the possible” to technical challenges.
• Operates with integrity.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Vijay Patwari