Security Engineer / Blue Team / Azure and Microsoft stack
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
$110k - $140k
Our client, a leading life and annuity insurance company, is hiring a Security Engineer to join their team. The candidate will be responsible for securing the company's Microsoft Azure and on-premise environment and ensuring the protection of critical data and systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in blue team security and be able to leverage relevant security tooling to proactively identify and remediate security threats.
The Security Engineer will conduct security assessments and vulnerability scans, develop and maintain security policies, standards, and procedures, and collaborate with IT and business teams to ensure security requirements are incorporated into the development lifecycle. Additionally, they will participate in incident response activities and investigations and ensure compliance with security policies and standards.
This client is open to remote work for well-qualified candidates.
- 5+ years of experience in blue team security, preferably with a focus on securing Microsoft-heavy environments.
- Experience in implementing security controls and best practices for cloud environments, and security tooling such as Microsoft 365 Defender, Sentinel, Purview and more
- Familiarity with compliance requirements such as SOC 2, NIST/ISO and GDPR.
- Relevant security certifications such as Azure Security Engineer, CISSP, or CISM are a plus.
What You Will Be Doing:
Tech Breakdown: 100% Security Engineering
Daily Responsibilities: The Azure Security Engineer will spend 50% of their time implementing security controls and best practices, 20% conducting security assessments and vulnerability scans, 10% developing and maintaining security policies and procedures, 10% collaborating with IT and business teams, and 10% participating in incident response activities and investigations.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
Posted by: David Inman