Berlin , PA
$50/hr - $60/hr
You must be able to maintain an active secret clearance for this full-time permanent position.
- System Design and Implementation:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design Linux-based systems that meet performance, scalability, and security requirements.
- Deploy and configure Linux servers, ensuring proper integration with existing infrastructure components.
- System Administration:
- Perform routine system administration tasks such as monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining system health.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and access controls on Linux servers.
- Performance Optimization:
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations to enhance system responsiveness and efficiency.
- Monitor system resource utilization and recommend hardware/software upgrades as needed.
- Security and Compliance:
- Implement security best practices to protect Linux systems from external threats and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct regular security audits and assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Automation and Scripting:
- Develop and maintain automation scripts using languages like Bash, Python, or PowerShell to streamline repetitive tasks.
- Create and manage configuration management tools to ensure consistent system configurations.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery:
- Design and implement robust backup and recovery strategies to ensure data integrity and availability in case of failures.
- Documentation and Knowledge Sharing:
- Maintain accurate documentation for configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior team members to foster skill development within the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience in Linux system administration and engineering in enterprise environments.
- Strong proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Perl.
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts and protocols.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization technologies (e.g., VMware, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues independently.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Linux Professional Institute Certification, Red Hat Certified Engineer) are a plus.
We provide a competitive benefits package that includes a salary, performance-based bonuses, and extensive health, retirement, and professional development options. You will get the chance to work in a dynamic environment where your knowledge will directly influence our technological solutions.
We encourage you to apply and join our talented team of professionals if you have a passion for Linux engineering, enjoy solving technical problems, and want to help advance cutting-edge projects.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Casey Superfine