Linux System Administrator
$100k - $130k
Job Title: Mid-Level Linux System Administrator
Company Overview: We are a wholesale distributor of engineering and construction products that operates in the northeastern United States. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products and services to our clients and maintaining a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
Job Description: We are seeking a skilled and experienced Mid-Level Linux System Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working with Linux/Unix systems, strong expertise in VMware, database experience, scripting, monitoring, and networking fundamentals.
- Manage and maintain the Linux/Unix-based systems used by the company for its operations.
- Maintain and manage the VMware virtual infrastructure, including storage, networking, and virtual machines.
- Design, configure, and maintain databases used by the company for its operations.
- Create, implement, and manage scripts to automate system administration tasks.
- Monitor system performance and security, including proactive identification and resolution of issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues that arise, including those related to networking, storage, and applications.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to system administration processes, procedures, and policies.
- Communicate with other IT staff and non-technical stakeholders to identify and implement solutions to business needs.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Linux/Unix systems in a production environment.
- Strong experience with VMware virtual infrastructure, including storage, networking, and virtual machines.
- Experience designing, configuring, and maintaining databases (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Perl.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, or Prometheus.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for Linux system administration and a commitment to delivering high-quality service to clients, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Posted by: Leah Bachetti