Principal Systems Engineer
$130k - $180k
Our client is currently looking for a Principal Systems Engineer in Chelmsford, MA. This is a full-time role at a well-known leader in the DOD sector.
Our client is looking for a hands-on leadership candidate to lead in an R&D environment. Individuals who are strong technically with a proven track record of success in product development will thrive in this role. As the Principal Systems Engineer, you'll lead comprehensive system engineering efforts for the development of cutting-edge products such as world-class robotic systems for use in military, law enforcement, and first responder missions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of relevant experience working on electromechanical systems with heavy software components
- Proficient in MS Windows OS and MS Office applications
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in engineering or science
- Technical experience in a robotics-related field
- System concept and design, including development of CONOPS, requirements, architecture, trade studies, etc.
- Technical leadership on projects, including development of cost and schedule estimates, risk management, leading system design reviews, vendor technical management, etc.
- Integration, verification, and validation, including development of test plans and procedures, leading system integration, coordinating and executing design verification testing, and validating system performance against mission objectives
- Design and development of rugged, reliable systems for military applications
- Proficient with DOORS, Creo, Altium, Linux, and software development environments
- Familiar with SysML, MBSE, and modeling and simulation approaches
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.