Network Security Engineer
Charlotte , North Carolina
Open to Remote
$140k - $160k
As a Network Security Engineer at an innovative health company that we are working with you will play a vital role in safeguarding our healthcare information systems, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patient data. Processes network infrastructure requests and serves as the final escalation point for all networking issues, incidents, and major outages. Owns, plans, executes, and documents multiple concurrent complex technical projects from concept to completion. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining network security solutions to protect against cyber threats and vulnerabilities in a highly regulated healthcare environment.
- Network Security Infrastructure: Design, deploy, and manage network security infrastructure, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, VPNs, and other security technologies.
- Security Policies and Procedures: Develop and enforce network security policies and procedures in alignment with industry standards and regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
- Incident Response: Monitor network traffic for security incidents, investigate breaches, and take appropriate action to mitigate threats. Develop and implement incident response plans.
- Vulnerability Management: Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. Identify and remediate vulnerabilities to minimize risks.
- Security Awareness: Promote security awareness and best practices among staff and ensure compliance with security policies.
- Security Monitoring: Implement and maintain network monitoring tools to detect and respond to security threats in real-time.
- Security Auditing and Compliance: Perform security audits and assessments to ensure compliance with healthcare industry regulations and standards.
- Security Documentation: Maintain accurate records and documentation of network security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field (a relevant certification like CISSP, CCNP, or CISCO Security may be preferred).
- Proven experience in network security engineering, preferably in a healthcare or highly regulated environment.
- Strong knowledge of network security protocols, technologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with healthcare industry regulations and standards, such as HIPAA.
- Proficiency in firewall administration, intrusion detection/prevention systems, VPNs, and other security tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure during security incidents.
Posted by: Amanda Oliver