Data Management Analyst
$53.56/hr - $60.35/hr
Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package! Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Working within SAS and SQL at a proficient level (not writing SQL).
- The ability to pull the data off existing code and ability to modify existing code would be very beneficial, read and understand the logic.
- Data Validation.
- Ability to query the data.
- Pulling in basic numbers for validation.
- The data sets are within Power BI, familiarity with BI tools will be beneficial.
- Metadata-reviewing metadata and documenting.
- Technical Documentation of the activities within the data sets, what are the metrics etc.
- Not necessary have come from banking but is a preference due to a learning curve.
- Financial services are a plus but not required.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to collaborate across members of the team and coordinating efforts.
- Level of intellectual curiosity, need for someone with critical thinking and the intentions of the data (a critical eye).
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and lead programs, initiatives for data quality, governance, and metadata activities.
- Design and conduct complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality or integrity issues and to identify and remediate process or control gaps.
- Analyze, assess, and test data controls and data systems to ensure quality and risk compliance standards are met.
- Identify data quality metrics and executes data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality.
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for optimal approaches to resolve data quality issues.
- Develop and implement plans for assessing the quality of new data sources.
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members.
- Drive planning and coordination on low to medium sized remediation efforts, acting as central point of contact.
- Leverage domain expertise and data, business, or process analysis to inform and support solution design.
- Consult with clients to assess the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
- Participate in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies.
- Provide input into communication routines with stakeholders, business partners, and experienced leaders.
- Producing master data sets, building out those data tests and testing.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Sherri Breault