Charlotte, North Carolina
$55/hr - $65/hr
Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Database Engineer
Location: Jersy City, NJ, NYC, NY or Charlotte, NC onsite 3-4 days a week
Term: 12 months contract to hire
- Minimum of 10 years of development experience in Database Development, including Oracle, DB2 LUW, SQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, and Snowflake in an AWS Cloud environment.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and debugging stored procedures within an Oracle environment.
- Strong hands-on working knowledge in scripting.
- Familiarity with Informatica and/or ETL tools.
- Ability to identify, isolate, resolve, and communicate problems within production and non-production environments, and perform troubleshooting.
- Proficient in scripting with the ability to develop automation tools.
- Experience in defining, maintaining, and supporting enterprise products.
- Collaborative and innovative team player who is self-driven and eager to learn every day.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Enjoy experimenting with development solutions.
- Ability to multitask within various initiatives if needed.
- Provide expert-level IT technical leadership, including direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools in a cloud platform.
- Develop cloud tools and data services to support the operations of Cloud infrastructure, provisioning, and monitoring with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) models.
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage AWS cloud-based production systems to ensure availability, performance, scalability, and security.
- Expertise in CI/CD delivery frameworks (e.g., Jenkins), infrastructure-as-code software tools (Terraform), configuration management/orchestration tools (Chef), and version control (Git).
- Accountable for developing operational tools to review metrics and scorecards for the cloud platform.
- Develop user-friendly GUI interfaces.
- Manage the governance framework for DB-Services specific to private, hybrid, and public cloud platforms, adhering to standards and integrating with existing tools.
- Collaborate and drive accountability with internal teams and vendors.
- Stay updated on technology changes within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Build, release, and configure management of production systems.
- Suggest architecture improvements and recommend process enhancements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Sherri Breault