Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BI
$50/hr - $60/hr
Location: First 6 months onsite - then after its 2 days/week onsite
Term: Contract to Hire or Direct Hire
Company offers a family-oriented environment and a people-first work culture. This is a team of warm and outgoing personalities operating north of Lewisville, TX seeking a BI Analyst with strong Power BI skills.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will work with Technology Services, Fusion Teams, IT infrastructure teams, developers, testers, vendors, and business users to ensure rapid thorough analysis of complex business needs, applying analytics techniques and developing solutions to drive strong outcomes. Activities include analyzing and creating reports using documented procedures, assuring quality and data accuracy, and delivering the reports and dashboards on time to internal customers. You will recommend, design and create technical solutions to solve business problems and to increase business efficiency. Your designs will be current, insightful, user-friendly and help drive insights from the data. Successful candidate must have strong experience in data analysis, creating, and maintaining data catalogs, data engineering as well as reporting and analytics tools. The Business Intelligence Analyst will serve as liaison between departments and generate documentation for systems and applications across various platforms. Previous technical experience and technical aptitude are required.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Creates, updates and maintains reporting solutions utilizing Power BI for multiple business partners.
- Creates, updates and maintains data consistency and data quality with strong data catalog and data dictionary management
- Engages business partners to understand requirements, map to logical and physical data models and develop thoughtful insights into the data
- Uses a variety of OLAP tools and methods to access data from a variety of sources such as Oracle, PL/SQL, MS SQL server and IBM DB2
- Creates and runs complex SQL queries in order to analyze data and develop solutions
- Provides great service and technical support of issues, including data validation and maintaining reporting accuracy
- Provides ad hoc query and reporting to business requests, as needed
- Interfaces with Business Units, Client Services Desk, vendor and other IT areas to develop reporting solutions
- Assists manager in developing/revising and documenting policies and procedures for supporting data governance and reporting best practices.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Theresa Schermer