Risk Controls Analyst
Des Moines, IA
$61.06/hr - $68.8/hr
Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package! Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Contract Duration: 18 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong skills interpreting, writing, and enhancing risk controls & procedures.
- Ability to utilize technical acumen to break down complex control language and rephrase it for a wider audience.
- Must be able to set and run meetings with control teams, build script, and take ownership of approvals.
- Working knowledge to fine materials in control library.
- 5+ years of Management Consulting, Strategy Consulting, or Business Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Banking and finance experience is highly preferred.
- Risk and control background.
- Strong technical acumen
- Good writing skills
- Strong Facilitation
- Experience working with controls//procedures
- Risk and control background
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with Complaints team to analyze, interpret, rewrite, and execute new risk controls and procedures.
- Accountable for review/enhancement of controls/procedures and corresponding presentation walkthrough decks.
- Facilitate working sessions with various managers/team members to enhance controls to reduce risk.
- Partner with Front Line Risk for review/publication of all materials.
- Lead cross functional teams to strategize, plan, and execute a variety of programs, services, and initiatives.
- Drive accountability for assigned initiatives, limit risk exposure, and create efficiencies as appropriate.
- Review strategic approaches and effectiveness of support function and business performance.
- Perform assessments through fact finding and data requiring creative approaches to solving complex issues and develop appropriate solutions or recommendations.
- Make decisions in highly complex and multifaceted situations requiring solid understanding of business group's functional area or products, facilitate decision making and issue resolution, and support implementation of developed solutions and plans.
- Collaborate and consult with members of the Business Execution team and team leaders to drive strategic initiatives.
- Influence, guide and lead less experienced Strategy and Execution staff within the group.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Chris Clark