Application System Analyst
Durham , North Carolina
$30/hr - $40/hr
** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
Contract Duration: Contract to Hire
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of systems analysis experience OR Master’s Degree in a related field with 1 year of systems analysis experience. If no degree, 5 years of systems analysis experience required.
- Must have experience in: Requirements Management, Developing Functional Designs and Software development life cycles (SDLC) Some experience with project management.
- Experience with client/server-based systems preferred Knowledge and understanding of: Use case business model methodology, Database queries (SQL) and/or Batch and online processing Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Health care experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science preferred. MBA or Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile methodologies preferred.
- Experience in Joint Application Design (JAD) facilitation preferred
- Experience in the Rational Unified Process (RUP) preferred
- Experience in user interface design preferred
- Related professional certification is preferred (i.e. CBAP, Agile certification, PMP, Six Sigma)
- Data Mapping Experience preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for the elicitation, prioritization, and conversion of business/functional requirements to system requirements, as well as provision of analysis for applications in production (mid-sized to large initiatives)
- Responsible for the development of functional designs for new, customized, or enhanced systems.
- The ultimate outcome of this role is the production of clear, timely, precise and accurate technical designs that are traceable to documented business/functional requirements and guide the successful design, development and deployment of IT Solutions.
- Responsible for Analysis and Functional Design: Quickly understand business issues and data challenges of the customer.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details; abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Consider end to end business and technical flows, including impacts to operations.
- Review, edit, and prioritize business requirements, specifications, processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true business need.
- Translate business/functional requirements into system level functional solutions using various techniques that include: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, screen interface prototypes, demos, and/or business, task, and workflow analysis.
- Develop functional design specifications, GUI and screen interface designs (internal applications), and VUI designs for customer engagements.
- Include project assumptions, risks/issues, considerations, and dependencies based on the system impacts.
- Identify the business process and organizational impact of proposed solutions.
- Responsible for Technical Recommendations and Traceability: Partner with project personnel to identify required system changes, additions or retirement.
- Conduct gap analysis for business/functional requirements and current system functionality, with support, review and input from other Technical staff.
- Collaborate with business analysts, designers, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Help to divide the project into multiple phases based on the business priorities, design, schedule, and level of effort.
- Ensure traceability from business/functional requirements through development of the solution, to confirm system functionality and ensure the completed system fulfills the goals of the project as detailed in the specifications.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Andrew Chadwick