Durham, North Carolina
$60/hr - $70/hr
** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
Contract Duration: 4 Months, Contract to Hire
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant technical field OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science. With no degree, 5 years of experience required.
- Candidates with non-technical degrees may be considered with the completion of relevant technical certification program.
- 3 years development experience.
- Direct experience with development language/technology - JAVA
- Experience with RESTful services and JSON.
- Experience in Cloud technology - Openshift, AWS
- Experience with software development tools (i.e. Open Source, Eclipse, Mulesoft Anypoint Studio, JBOSS DevStudio).
- Knowledge of messaging engines like AWS pinpoint preferred
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development language(s)/technology.
- Experience with a major relational database management system preferred.
- Experience with AWS Postgres databases is a plus.
- Solid relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective workingng relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.
- Ability to participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Solid problem solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Familiar with current and emerging technologies with a willingness to learn.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and support of our on premise and cloud based software, system and/or information solutions.
- Support the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for mission critical systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied IT solutions
- Collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand business problems and opportunities and execute all assignments with limited supervision.
- Provide input into solution buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
- Effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Andrew Chadwick