Mid-Level Java Developer
Fort Worth, Texas
$50/hr - $60/hr
Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
Contract Duration: 2+ Months
Location: Fort Worth, Texas 76155 - HYBRID Tues/Weds/Thurs
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in at least one object-oriented language.
- Proven experience in at least one web framework, preferably including Spring, Spring Boot, or ASP.NET Core.
- Proven experience in SQL and ability to design relational database schemas.
- Ability to function in a Linux/Unix environment using shell commands.
- Ability to scrutinize applications and services to ensure they adhere to security standards.
- Working experience building business-critical, Internet scale distributed systems or high-volume client/server systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team, always keeping the team's goal in mind.
- Experience using source control management systems.
- Exposure to using continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience delivering software using an Agile methodology like Extreme Programming, Kanban, or Scrum.
- Product experience with any of the following:
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Testing Pyramid
- Multi-threading and concurrency.
- Debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Object-oriented and service-oriented application development patterns.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both alone and in a team environment.
- Adept and comfortable communicating with internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative ways of improving and simplifying solutions, systems, and processes without getting bogged down in blockers or bottlenecks.
- Experience leading and managing small to medium-sized development teams of between 5 and 25 developers.
- Previous experience founding or working as a founding engineer at a technology startup from concept to MVP and subsequent releases.
- Previous experience as a designer, product owner/manager, or business role (marketing, sales, finance, etc.).
- Production DevOps experience and the ability to build Cl/CD (Jenkins) pipelines.
- Experience writing production shell scripts in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Proficiency in Full Stack Development.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- J2EE technologies: Java, JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC, EJB
- Database and persistence frameworks: Hibernate, Oracle, Object/Relational Mapping, Query performance tuning
- Cloud-based development: Cloud Foundry
- Web Servers: Tomcat, tcServer, WebSphere
- Web Services: REST/SOAP (JSON/WSDL/XML)
- Frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Front-end: Angular JS, Ext JS, CSS, jQuery, AJAX
- Build/deployment tools: Maven, Gradel, Git, Junit, Mockito
- Other Dev Ops Toolchain: Selenium, Nexus Repository, Hygieia, SonarQube, Fortify on Demand, Slack, GitHub, Jenkins, ElasticSearch, Logstaash, Kibana, New Relic
- Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM.
- Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Accountable for software delivery as well as influencing the team to find new behaviors and ways of working based on frequent inspection and rapid feedback.
- Facilitate team ceremonies in conjunction with appropriate team members.
- Identify gaps in agile and technical practices and collaboratively seek remedies.
- Identify purposeful ways to question the status quo and lead experiments on alternatives, seeking increased customer value or new learnings or both.
- Develop soft skills (communication, business orientation, adaptability, constructive feedback). Make use of existing practices, such as pair programming.
- Work with the delivery manager to identify training and growth opportunities.
- Recommend personal growth paths in conjunction with Delivery Manager.
- Help articulate and eliminate team blockers with the Delivery Manager (as needed).
- Participate in architecture and software design with the Squad - in general, encourages the team to work on new ideas and emergent, iterative design.
- Focuses on constructively arguing against solutions that are not a fit, if necessary.
- Partners with the Product Owner (presenting Playback, keeping focus on business value, etc.) as needed to support the overall Squad's delivery.
- A strong willingness to learn and the ability to show vulnerability when you do not know something.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Cate Novak