Fort Worth, TX
$56.67/hr - $66.67/hr
Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long-term contract engagements.
Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
Contract Duration: 12+ Months with potential to convert
Location: Fort Worth, Texas HYBRID: Tues/Weds/Thurs
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 3 years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience.
- 3 years of experience managing and delivering mission-critical, high-availability large and small IT development projects using structured project management and system development methodologies.
- 3 years of experience in Agile methods and mindset as an approach to software development.
- 5 years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience.
- 5 years of experience managing and delivering mission-critical, high-availability large and small IT development projects using structured project management and system development methodologies, such as Agile/Scrum.
- Airline Industry experience.
- Certified ScrumMaster or PMP (Project Management Professional) is a plus.
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring teams while leveraging Agile methodologies, with strong focus on continuous improvement and developing self-organizing teams.
- Experience in a variety of computing platforms, such as mainframe, client/server, web, cloud, and social media.
- Experience in Team Foundation/Server (TFS), Rally, Planview, VersionOne, or similar Agile life cycle management tools.
- Experience in DevOps toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Skills in leadership; team-focused with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Skills in analytics, estimating, and problem solving.
- Ability to think strategically and develop tactical methods to achieve objectives and goals.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers, and external groups, as well as working in a collaborative environment with geographically dispersed resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Physical ability necessary to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of the position, with or without any legally required reasonable accommodations that do not pose an undue hardship.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manages/oversees all aspects of multiple simultaneous fast-paced assigned projects with distributed teams.
- Designs and maintains project vision, project working standards, and agreements.
- Develops project roadmap, release plan, resource allocation, funding request, communication plan, risks and issues management plan, test plan, and defect management plan.
- Manages project scope, budget, project burn charts, presentations to IT/Business, daily standup, agile ceremonies, backlog grooming, and retrospective sessions.
- Implements Agile methodology using Rally and Planview tools.
- Facilitates project meetings (all Agile meetings – Discovery Sessions, Iteration 0, Iteration Planning, Demo & Retrospective, Daily Stand-up, Backlog Grooming); completes project tracking/analysis reports.
- Tracks, updates, and communicates project status in a proactive manner as it relates to project progress, budget/cost, resource utilization, change requests, issues, risks, and risk mitigation plans.
- Interfaces with project stakeholders at all levels of management to ensure project priorities are aligned with business needs and expectations.
- Ensures that appropriate project documentation and deliverables are clearly defined and delivered.
- Mentors and Coaches Agile teams to ensure their adoption and successful use of Agile @ American practices.
- Acts as a liaison between business units and 3rd party vendors.
- Uses business analysis techniques for gathering and documenting complex requirements, scoping, interviewing, facilitation, system component design, testing, and implementation.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Cate Novak