Senior IT Technician
Fort Worth, TX
$42.33/hr - $47.33/hr
Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long-term contract engagements.
Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
Contract Duration: 1 Month
Required Skills & Experience
- Associate / Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience/training.
- 2 years of demonstrable 'hands-on' IT work experience supporting and resolving diverse PC desktop software and hardware issues.
- Firsthand experience supporting desktop computers in a Windows/TCPIP environment.
- A+ certification.
- MCSE/MCP is a plus.
- Previous IT infrastructure experience in Airline/Airport environment.
- Overall knowledge of all Windows based operating systems including Windows 10.
- Familiarity with workflow and with ticketing systems. Cherwell is systems of record.
- Knowledge of VPN connectivity and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work independently and perform in a collaborative, team based environment.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
What You Will Be Doing
- Resolves and closes tickets/work orders supporting end-user desktops and peripherals.
- Responds to customer support issues from direct communication with the customer either phone call or walk-up. IOC is unique in that we act as both 1st and 2nd level support, to allow for immediate response.
- Contributes to desktop projects (global installs/upgrades) as a project team member.
- Remotely diagnoses and resolves requests utilizing remote tools.
- Troubleshoots and collaborates with other departments to assist with infrastructure related issues.
- Documents customer interactions in incident management system including asset management.
- Recovers data from hard disk drives and/or perform data migration.
- Supports remote access for virtual private network connectivity as well as wireless/broadband connectivity for laptops.
- Installs and configures local and network-based printers.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Works various shifts, holidays, on-call and travel as required. IOC is a 7x24 operation 365 days a year.
- Must be willing to work Midnight shift and/or Weekends as requested.
- Follows management guidance, adhering to IT policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates increasing levels of leadership and initiative, identifies areas for technical and process improvement, and is effective at balancing multiple concurrent efforts.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Travel, as required.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Cate Novak