Senior Java Developer - Dallas
Fort Worth, TX
$63.33/hr - $73.33/hr
Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
Contract Duration: 1 Month Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments.
- 3 years of professional, design, and open-source experience.
- Must be familiar with Relational Databases such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Must have experience consuming Web Services and implementing Web Services, and should be familiar with messaging and SOA technologies. Knowledge of general architecture principles is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching to junior team members.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to lead technical and nontechnical discussions.
- Demonstrate technical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to multitask.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Experience architecting and implementing data analytics solutions in Azure.
- Experience in a relevant cloud, Kubernetes, automation development, and/or orchestration positions.
- Experience with Event driven architecture – Kafka.
- Airline industry experience, including business processes and supporting technology desired.
- Familiarity and working experience with Cloud technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with software configuration management/build processes is a plus.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle using best practices in object-oriented techniques and Agile.
- Demonstrate skills and experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale, highly available applications.
- Evaluate requirements and propose solutions with careful consideration to cost and impact with other systems as well as develop and execute implementation plan for delivery of requested functionality.
- Review, create, and alter existing software and software artifacts to implement new requirements.
- Actively participates in software design and peer code reviews.
- Mentor and coach team members related to analysis, architecture, design, development, build, deployment, and maintenance of systems.
- Monitor performance and provides support of application after implementation.
- Provide training on how to use new or enhanced system.
- Provide technical assistance and partners with end users to understand and resolve problems.
- Oversee installation of hardware and software.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Cate Novak