Network Security Engineer / Long Island hybrid onsite
$90k - $125k
Our client is hiring a Network Security Engineer to join their team in Greenvale, NY. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the network infrastructure and security posture of our data center and cloud environments. The position requires hands-on technical experience in configuring and supporting network equipment, firewalls, routing and switching, and security systems. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment..
This company operates on a hybrid work schedule of Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays in their office and Wednesday and Fridays remote.
- 5+ years of related experience working in a network/network security engineering capacity.
- Experience in the design and implementation of highly available network environments.
- Familiarity with shell scripting and expertise at the command line.
- Experience in design and implementation of the majority of the following:
- firewalls, DNS, IDS/IPS, WAF, anti-virus, content filtering, data loss prevention, endpoint security, email security, network vulnerability scanning, incident management
- Excellent communication skills, creative problem solving, and strong passion is a must.
- CISSP certification preferred.
What You Will Be Doing:
Tech Breakdown: 100% Network Security
Daily Responsibilities: 70% hands-on network engineering and security tasks 20% coordination with other teams and external vendors 10% reporting and communication with stakeholders
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Posted by: David Inman