Field Support Engineer / IT Support / Windows Environment / Irvine, California
Irvine , California
$35/hr - $45/hr
- Strong communication skills, experience supporting non-technical staff.
- Must provide your own car and drive yourself to destinations.
- Tier 1 and 2 support including for O365 & AD.
- Must have Windows. Strong preference for Mac too.
- Networking fundamentals such as LAN, WAN, Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience imaging laptops, supporting A/V, and supporting cell phones.
Nice to have:
- Mac support
- Switches & Networking
- Tier 3 support (There are a couple roles open, so if you want to do tier 3 there may be an opportunity for that)
- Previous customer facing support or MSP experience.
- StarLink training
- Typically resolving 10 tickets a day.
- Most of the work environment is Windows, but there are some Macs.
- You will be imaging computers, setting up and troubleshooting A/V, supporting cell phones (not sure if they use an MDM). Clients might bring up printers, but they use Cannon so unlikely you will need to do much.
- Networking team is migrating from Meraki to Fortigate right now.
- Work in the division office daily before traveling to various field locations across the valley. Need the Field Technician to visit their actual community build sites to help set up those sites. Some of the normal workload for that portion will be installing cable modems, printers, new workstations, StarLink (satellite internet) and Cradle Points (cellular version of Starlink, cellular modem for internet connection) and trouble shooting LAN.
- When working onsite between field work assignments, the Field Technician will provide support to the service desk for issues like desktop Support, Trouble Shooting Software, Internet Connectivity, Active Directory and Azure Office 365.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: John Bellon