Scala Data Engineer
$115k - $148k
Do you have experience building ETL pipelines in Scala from scratch? Consider yourself an excellent Engineer and looking to work with a great, collaborative team working with some of the latest technologies in AWS? In this role as a Data Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering team to develop ETL pipelines to load data from various sources into our data lakes using Scala. We build our data pipelines from scratch using Scala and looking for strong technical skills in this regard. If your experience is more using tools like Databricks to generate code, this isn't a good match for this role.
You should have an in-depth understanding of Spark framework and AWS automation. To be considered qualified, you should have experience working with big data and large datasets (100 gigs or more).
What else is required?
- Possess in-depth knowledge of AWS services and data engineering tools to diagnose and solve complex issues efficiently, specifically AWS EMR for big data processing.
- In-depth understanding of GIT or other distributed version control systems.
- Excellent communication. Essential to performing at maximum efficiency within the team.
- Collaborative attitude. This role is part of a larger, more dynamic team that nurtures collaboration.
- Strong technical, process, and problem-solving proficiency.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and you can work remotely! (We are based in Florida so EST hours). We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, generous HSA company contribution, healthcare, vision, dental benefits and a 401k match program that you can take advantage of on day one! We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays. We offer a flexible working environment!