Technology Support Specialist
Los Angeles, California
$37.27/hr - $42.6/hr
Position: Technology Support Specialist
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90017
Term: 12 months
- Assist with the deployment of hardware and software to clients (including the installation, configuration and testing of basic firm hardware).
- Assist with new hire processing (account requests, verification, basic equipment configuration).
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and hardware triage support.
- Assist with the equipment and set-up for conference/meeting facilities, as directed.
- Assist with off-site support for client functions/meetings.
- Handle minor administrative functions such as moving and delivering equipment to clients.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as changing passwords.
- Handle minor functions such as moves, adds, changes, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning support requests, systems status, and network connectivity.
- Resolve hardware and software problems for firm-standard hardware/software.
- Record inquiries, and repair/service requests.
- Diagnose problems through research, isolation and resolution steps using automated systems via Remedy.
- Report problems with procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Escalate to or consult with senior staff when a solution is unclear.
- Coordinate, track, and maintain inventory, including software and documentation upgrades, distributions, and licenses.
- Process firmwide requests for software and documentation.
- Track software licenses to ensure that the firm does not violate its agreements, and work with Purchasing and Contracts departments regarding software licensing and maintenance issues.
- Coordinate mass distributions, including on-site software duplication and documentation reproduction.
- Make recommendations to management regarding update and maintenance processes.
- Perform administrative duties, as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in technology support with working knowledge of a functional specialty
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Bhavesh Pal