Game Dev / Software Engineer / C++ / Unreal
Los Angeles, California
Open to Remote
$100k - $120k
My client is building a tool that allows people to create Minecraft-style 3D virtual worlds, that are extremely configurable and portable. Users can connect their web3 wallet, import their character avatar of choice (bored ape, genies, cryptopunk, meebit, etc), and literally walk around their world, invite friends to visit, or hang out on other user-created worlds as well. We are like Roblox except imagine being able to spawn in with third party characters (NFTs or not). Our worlds have a particular emphasis on storytelling and content creation-related use cases. We are building tools that make it easy for users to export their world and tell original stories with it. Long term, we want to empower the next generation of metaverse IP and storytellers, by helping people turn their ape, deadfellaz, punk, or any NFT or self-created 3D character into the next big Mickey Mouse-level mega-franchise. Required Skills & Experience
- Work will include refining current game functionality, adding entirely new game flows and features, as well as working with our 3D team and technical artist to incorporate newly modeled and textured 3D assets.
- Unreal Engine and C++ is required
- Brainstorm/create new interactive 3D experiences with high-end characters, creatures, props and environments in both Unity and UnrealEngine.
- Design, build and test advanced animation setups and user UIs in these environments.
- Build experiences (i.e. pared down interactive scenarios - not games) to evaluate strengths/weaknesses of new software, hardware and approaches.
- Assist with demos/testing of the experiences created.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Posted by: John Bellon