REMOTE/Network Wifi Deployment/Support Specalist/Travel
$70k - $75k
Are you looking a remote role that will allow you to work remote and travel all over? A client that specializes in Wifi Engineering and Deploying is looking for a Network Support Technician. In this role, you will be working remote as well as traveling a few times a year to multiple US States. Duties will include, working with team members on deploying Networks and Wifi to clients. This role is perfect for someone with 1-4 years of experience with WiFi, DNS/DHCP, extensive troubleshooting and problem solving as well as Network Project Management.
- Collaborate with clients and project managers to understand network requirements and objectives.
- Conduct site surveys to assess network coverage, signal strength, and potential sources of interference.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot WiFi access points, routers, switches, and related networking equipment.
- Implement and maintain security protocols and encryption measures to safeguard WiFi networks.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate WiFi networks into existing IT infrastructures.
- Monitor and test network performance, identifying and resolving connectivity and performance issues.
- Perform on-site and remote troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve technical problems.
- Assist clients with user onboarding, device connectivity, and network-related inquiries.
- Document network configurations, procedures, and technical issues for reference and knowledge sharing.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging WiFi technologies to provide innovative solutions.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree or certification in networking is a plus.
- Proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting WiFi networks, including access points, controllers, and security settings.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts such as IP addressing, subnetting, VLANs, and routing.
- Familiarity with network monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently manage tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Problem-solving mindset and the ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Physical ability to lift and move equipment as required during installations.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan with company contributions.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
Posted by: Shawna Dunleavy