Senior Manager of Product Security
Providence, Rhode Island
$150k - $180k
Senior Manager of Product Security - Embedded Devices
We are looking for a seasoned product security leader to work at a client that will be committing to major investment within security. This is an opportunity to lead a product security program throughout the early stages, set up a Product Security COE, and drive overall strategy for the company. This opportunity will also allow for the reigns to build out an entirely new team. This is a great role for someone who is a high level individual contributor looking to make a jump into management or someone with previous management experience.
Security Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product security strategy for embedded devices, aligning with business objectives and industry best practices.
- Define security requirements and standards for embedded systems, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and certifications.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead and mentor a team of product security experts, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Provide strategic guidance for security architecture and design decisions in embedded systems.
Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment:
- Conduct thorough threat modeling exercises to identify potential security risks and vulnerabilities in embedded devices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to perform risk assessments and prioritize security initiatives based on potential impact and likelihood.
Security Testing and Validation:
- Oversee the implementation of security testing methodologies, including penetration testing, code reviews, and static/dynamic analysis, to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Establish and maintain a robust security validation process for embedded systems, ensuring products meet and exceed security standards.
Incident Response and Compliance:
- Develop and maintain an incident response plan for embedded devices, ensuring timely and effective responses to security incidents.
- Stay abreast of industry regulations and compliance requirements, ensuring embedded systems adhere to relevant standards.