Senior Business Analyst
$60.71/hr - $60.71/hr
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, or other relevant experience
- 3-4 years of IT applications experience as a Business Analyst
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and negotiate the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills and experience in supporting technical and non-technical staff.
- Must be fluent in English (speaking and writing) and confident in voicing opinions or objections in large group settings.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and facilitating detailed requirement and design sessions.
- Must be process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through, and the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Must be energetic, driven, and committed to project success while working under tight time constraints and pressure.
- Must be able to act independently and demonstrate traits of a self-starter capable of learning complex rules/processes with little guidance from superiors.
- Strong background in developing trust and confidence in relationships with stakeholders and cross-functional teams; experience coordinating and fulfilling requests for internal/external changes.
- Demonstrated expertise in information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design of solutions.
- Working knowledge of and understanding of software development lifecycles (SDLC).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, JIRA, and ALM
- Familiarity with Healthcare eligibility systems/applications preferred.
- Familiarity with Web-based applications preferred.
- Work closely with Eligibility and Enrollment System BAs and business SMEs in identifying /eliciting and documenting business needs and requirements.
- Participate in and contribute to requirements-gathering activities for multiple projects within the program.
- Participate in and contribute to Joint Requirement Meeting (JRM) workshops with business SMEs, developers, testers, and vendor BAs to analyze business processes, workflows, business policies, events, triggers, roles, integrated systems, data flows, etc.
- Clearly and concisely document business requirements and functional designs supporting MA HIX/IES system enhancements.
- Create and document user stories and rules to elaborate business needs from an end-user perspective.
- Identify the complexity and urgency/priority of business needs and prioritize them accordingly.
- Review and provide critique for vendor-provided requirements and design documents to ensure requirements and functional designs within releases are defined clearly and correctly.
- Review test summary reports ensuring adequate testing coverage for key functional areas.
- Coordinate/collaborate with stakeholders to ensure appropriate support is provided during a release/implementation.
- Understand the SDLC and adhere to the workflow & timelines for requirements gathering, document reviews, and approval of documents.
- Analyze defects against approved requirements and provide recommendations to the business based on the priority and severity of the issues.
- Gain an understanding of the program's requirements management, change management, and defect management tools and track requirements/defect status throughout the project for the functional areas.
- Recommend alternative solutions/workarounds in response to scope changes from change requests or urgent changes to the policy.
- Provide functional support to the Operations team to facilitate and expedite the triage of production issues.
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies, utilizing formal and informal written communication methods.
- Publish/Review Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), mapping requirements, and test cases to ensure complete test coverage against in-scope requirements and designs in requirement and design documents.
- Understand and proactively review existing processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and make constructive suggestions for changes that would benefit Program.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Elyse Ireland