Up to $38/hr
Our client, a non for profit organization that clears a path for students to own their future, is looking to hire a Payroll Specialist to join their remotely on EST hours.
**This opening is a 8 month long contract, with the opportunity for extension or conversion**
What You Will Be Doing
Provide Operational and Employee Support for Payroll Activities – 50%
- Responsible for payroll-related support for new employees such as processing new hire uploads, entering tax information, processing direct deposit requests, and assisting employees with both how to update their direct deposit and how to register to view pay statements
- Process all changes that impact payroll such as updating employee change requests for W4 and state tax forms and benefits changes. Provide relevant change information to other teams
- Complete operational support connected to terminated employees by registering states in SIDES (i.e., the automatic unemployment process), providing unemployment information to the Talent team, and verifying the unemployment of terminated employees as needed.
- Manage monthly tasks such as HRIS and email reminders to staff to submit and approve timesheets and send the Senior Director & Assistant Controller manual check details.
- Complete additional payroll operational tasks such as process and set up delegations in Workday and assist the Payroll Director in registering for local tax jurisdictions.
- Create & update manuals and tax procedures for all states and Puerto Rico.
Ensure Proper Payment Distribution - 20%
- Process one-off requests for employee relocation and tuition reimbursement
- Manage and process ongoing distributions such as remote stipends for new hires and hourly employees, MetLife & Voluntary AD&D Insurance payments each pay period, Wageworks FSA/DFSA contribution file, and working with the Business Technology team to monitor and administer mobile stipends.
- Responsible for coding disability and paid family leave checks and providing them to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Assist in processing 2% retirement contributions and ER match.
Maintain Accurate Data and Reports – 20%
- Maintain timesheet information for all staff using Time and Attendance system (i.e., Workday)
- Transmit and backup payroll files and support department goals using payroll system (i.e., ADP)
- Update data for payroll ongoing such as updating executive 403B post tax annuity spreadsheets for processing before each payroll and updating the payroll exception report each pay cycle.
- Prepare one-off or quarterly reports as needed (e.g., yearly upload and reconciliation of all open enrollment benefits and quarterly reconciliation of benefits, quarterly headcount comparison between payroll and HRIS systems)
- Create ongoing reports such as run time calculations for all new hires each pay period, and quarterly for all employees in our HRIS (i.e., Workday) system, generate Wageworks FSA/DFSA report, monthly headcount report and Voluntary AD&D Insurance report.
- Assist in checking all retirement (i.e., TIAA) changes each pay cycle. Process addition and removal of optional contributions and adding employees’ prior contributions to payroll (i.e., ADP) system.
- Update annual pay period schedules in HRIS (i.e., Workday)
Provide Ad-Hoc Backup Support - 10%
- Serve as a backup in the Associate Director’s absence for tasks such as uploading and processing payroll files, processing payroll (i.e., ADP) payments
- During the Associate Director’s absence and quarterly process the Variance Report, Create the Overtime report, Process SUI Payments
Required Skills & Experience
- You have an Associate’s degree in Accounting or related experience.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in payroll processing and procedures.
- You have knowledge of payroll procedures and system requirements.
- You have a solid understanding of accounting, with an ability to compile a payroll journal entry.
- You are able to remain well organized and effectively and efficiently process a large volume of detailed work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: VMS Sourcing