Senior Software Engineer- HealthTech + Hybrid!
San Francisco , California
$90/hr - $95/hr
Staff Software Engineer
We are looking for experienced, high caliber Staff Software Engineer to join our Cloud and Mobile Engineering Team. This team is responsible for building next generation of Software Platform and Application using modern Technology stack for Cloud-based Remote Patient Monitoring system. In this journey we are replacing/refactoring our legacy Software monolith with micro-services-based architecture and domain-driven design.
This team is part of a culturally diverse global team sharing the same goal, and is comprised of highly skilled, experienced, motivated, ever-curious and thus ever-learning individuals. As part of this team, you will design, develop, and document software applications used to process and display medical device data.
We are looking for both full stack and\or backend engineer.
- Contribute to all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle
- Responsible for driving detailed design and implementation in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership; leverage professional experience to recommend best practices, systems, and architectures. Participate in code reviews and create documentation on engineering and cross-functional practices.
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Debug, troubleshoot and isolate software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development
- Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach spanning many teams across geographies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 8+ years of design, development, and deployment of application software – preferably in regulated environment
- Experience with at least one back-end web technology, potentially including Java, .Net, Ruby on Rails
- Experience with database & persistence technologies including SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Knowledge of Microservices, server-less technologies and other architectures
- Experience with designing and deploying applications in cloud-based environment is a bonus
- Experience working with Docker or other container technologies.
- Good understanding of data structure and algorithms
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Agility to adapt to technologies and processes quickly
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Kylie Pinn