HRIS Workday Reporting Analyst
San Francisco, California
$50/hr - $50/hr
The HRIS Workday Reporting Analyst, plays a critical role in creating and maintaining custom and ad-hoc reports as well as dashboards needed by our customers. This role will create Advanced/Matrix and Composite reports using Workday and must have a good understanding of calculated fields, security/data sources, as well as having a strong understanding of eliciting requirements from customers. This position requires a deep understanding of SQL query language and must be able to lead and influence across teams and drive execution.
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant HR Reporting and Information Delivery experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years in Workday report writing required.
- Experience of supporting Workday system upgrades, implementations, go-lives and post go-live technical support.
- Strong technology aptitude and interest in research, data, metrics, and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, remaining agile and flexible in a challenging environment and managing multiple competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Workday HCM report writing (advanced Workday Report Writer and Calculated Fields)
- Natural tendency to validate data results to ensure accuracy in reports.
- Ability to understand the business requirements, user needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and with highly confidential data
- Working knowledge of HR/Finance information systems, including experience in designing, building, and testing reports in various HR/Finance applications
- Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in Workday HCM report writing (advanced)
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and maintain simple to complex Workday reports, including matrix and composite reports, utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer
- Deliver meaningful metrics, trends and analytical insights via Workday reporting and dashboards.
- Deliver meaningful data audit reports to identify inaccuracies.
- Analyze, design, and build new custom reports using standard Workday reporting functionality (ex: Report Writer, Calculated Fields, PRISM as nice to have)
- Design and recommend dashboards to encourage self-service for employees and other end-users
- Troubleshoot and answer questions on reporting and dashboard functionality
- Ensure new and existing custom reports function as designed based on business requirements
- A customer focused approach, balanced with intimate data knowledge, is key to proactively identifying opportunities and translating business needs effectively.
- Attend project related or problem-solving meetings and represent the “reporting” point of view.
- Participate in report reviews, including understanding and ensuring security and data privacy standards.
- Responsible for understanding the company’s Workday data to translate business requirements into understandable and user-friendly reports and dashboards.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Shannon Witters