Product Design Manager, DX
San Francisco, California
$53.83/hr - $55.5/hr
We’re looking for an experienced design manager who will have the chance to help build, coach, and mentor a highly skilled group of designers. We go to extraordinary lengths to produce world-class work, and you will get to both deploy your hard-earned experience and build your skills in an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
This position will help build the core experience of our product and lead designers who are working on growth, enablement, systems, and optimize key customer touch points across the platform such as onboarding and support experiences. You'll be responsible for the strategic and creative output of a major product area. You'll be involved in every step of the product development lifecycle, including ideation, discovery, development, research, mapping user flows, and designing working alongside PMs and Engineering leads to lead the efforts.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- You have managed a team of 5+ product designers before.
- You have helped scale design attributes and systems across a company in previous roles.
- You have 8+ years product/UX design experience.
- You can clearly and effectively formulate direction and strategy for your team.
- You have a proven record of acting as a leader across multiple teams through the application of design thinking, craft, customer focus, and product contributions.
- You have experience managing widely distributed teams (geography and time).
- You have developed and communicated a cohesive strategy for how all product teams across a large surface area work together.
- You can demonstrate an insightful understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape, emerging technology, and market trends and set an example of delivering high-value work for customers.
- You have experience directing both the visual and user experience design of projects.
- You have a diverse design management portfolio (including B2B & B2C projects), across web and mobile, that reflect critical thinking and design excellence.
- You demonstrate strong communication, storytelling and presentation with confidence.
- Technical expertise and a basic understanding of developer tools or identity space a plus.
- BA or BFA in Art/Design or related field.
- Manage a quickly growing and business-critical team.
- Manage a team of designers working on core product experiences and solving some of the most complex design problems around today.
- Grow the team to meet business demands and employee development needs.
- Partner closely with PMs to manage resourcing of projects.
- Collaborate with Design and leadership to determine design direction.
- Inspire, motivate, and lead designers across experience levels to do the best work of their career.
- Work closely with our Product Management, Product Engineering, Marketing, and senior leadership to deliver stunning and effective work.
- Identify opportunities for cross-departmental work and understand the shared dependencies that connect all of our products and services.
- Work with engineering and product leaders to establish both near-term and long-term product vision.
- Influence product strategy and contextualize high-level decisions and direction for your team.
- Seek opportunities to build systems of enablement across Product Delivery and beyond.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Shannon Witters