Senior Devops Engineer- 1st Hire
San Francisco, CA
$180k - $200k
An SF-based startup that has built a data platform to help mission-critical government agencies solve their most important problems. Their platform fuses otherwise disconnected data across secure networks and empowers users with highly intuitive interfaces to search, analyze, and collaborate.
You will be their 1st DevOps hire and report directly to the CTO who is also one of the co-founders. One Software Engineer currently owns the infrastructure environment but they are looking for a partner who can use their infrastructure expertise to lead DevOps moving forward.
Required Skills & Experience
- AWS (or GCP if you're ok picking up AWS)
- Docker or Kubernetes
- Strong Python scripting so you can write glue code for infrastructure. (No CS fundamentals test like Algorithims and Data Structures)
- Familiarity with Security.
- Familiarity with Networking. They don't own the data. Since it's private government data and mostly on-prem, need to establish robust and scalable VPN network connection. So things like TCP/IP, don't need to be a Network Engineer to do this.
- Security Clearance meaning standard background check
What You Will Be Doing
- Currently containerizing their entire platform and next step could be orchestration with Kubernetes but would need to make a business case for it first to know what it will solve.
- Lots of greenfield opportunities like blue/green deployments, setting up canary deployments.
- Improving scale of data for hot and cold storage.
- Improving security footprint and automated vulnerability scans.
- Networking, if you are interested and capable. Like streamlining how they set up their network connections with things like BGP or something.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- $100/mo wellness benefit
- Remote office equipment reimbursement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future
Posted by: Grace Allen