Senior Windows System Administrator
San Jose, CA
$155k - $165k
Who We Are:
A company with facilities in the United States, Europe, and Asia, and over 40 years of business that provides high-reliability microelectronic components and services to various demanding industries, including aerospace, defense, medical, industrial, and telecommunications. These hardware/computer parts are designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions, including extreme temperatures, radiation, and vibration.
Who We're Looking For:
A Windows System Administrator who is responsible for organizing the data we have into databases, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware/software/networking systems, managing user accounts and access control, ensuring system security and managing server infrastructure. About 80% of the responsibilities will be geared towards system administration and the other 20% will be more IT support-oriented.
- 80% Sys Ad, 20% IT infra/support
- Managing user accounts and access control
- Ensuring system security through regular updates, backups, and monitoring for vulnerabilities
- Managing server infrastructure such as Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Ensuring system availability and performance by identifying and addressing performance issues and proactively planning for system upgrades and capacity improvements
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as they work closely with end-users, management, and other technical teams to ensure seamless operation of the IT infrastructure.
- Providing end-user oriented helpdesk support for our employees
- Scripting for programmer automation using PowerShell and data gathering and parsing
- Managing data/databases with SQL
Qualifications/Skills for Consideration:
- Windows servers/systems experience, Azure exp. preferred
- Existing experiences working on IT helpdesk tasks and IT infrastructure
- PowerShell and/or other industry standard languages for scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future. This role is full-time, direct-hire, and open only to those who are residing within the United States and able to commute reliability to San Jose, CA.
Posted by: Kate Meng