$180k - $200k
Our client is a leader an online/mobile education leader - Branching technology with education was the first step in making educational freedom available for everyone in this world!
As a manager on the mobile team, you would be working closely with our iOS & Android teams to ship product improvements impacting key company metrics
- Building the team: Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders from product, design, and data teams to clarify the team’s charter, drive alignment with broader business and support team health
- Mentoring: Acting as a role model, aiding in career development conversations, inspiring engineers, providing feedback
- Hiring: Building a vision of team skill sets, identifying key growth areas, managing the hiring pipeline.
- Advising: Providing technical suggestions to engineers as they grow into engineering leaders in their product work
- Product enablement: Acting as a curator of a vision, discussing needs with stakeholders, prioritizing, driving forward on key initiatives, running sprint planning meetings, and stand-ups
- Platform leadership: balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech debt and creating a high-leverage product platform to accelerate and improve many different initiatives
- Mediating: Investigating interpersonal issues, facilitating crucial conversations
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or relevant degree or 3+ years of experience as an engineering IC focussing on building mobile applications
- 5+ years in product development or a related field, prior experience in a managing a mobile development team
- Leadership (integrity, transparency, inspiration) Emotional intelligence (empathy, humility, patience, communication skills)
- Problem-solving (creativity, technical rigor, intelligence)
- Excellence in ambiguous and complex situations (clarity of vision, boldness, grit)
- Experience balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech debt and creating a high-leverage product platform
- Experience managing a team owning product platforms or components of a product platform, especially if you had firsthand experience creating and formulating the charter and ownership boundaries for such a team
- Great benefits
- 3 Weeks of vacation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Brett Blaszko