$25/hr - $34/hr
Our client, a top Ivy League University, is looking to hire a Staff Accountant to join their team in Washington, DC!
**This is a hybrid 6-month contract role offering benefits and potential extension or conversion**
- Review and approve high volume accounts payable invoices, including verifying account coding and compliance with policies and procedures; resolve related problems.
- Perform general ledger reconciliation account analysis.
- Process wire transfers and ACH (Automated Clearinghouse Payments) reconciling monthly.
- Process all void and/or stop payment requests and reissue payments as necessary.
- Reconcile accounts and initiate corrective action, including reconciliation of multiple systems.
- Prepare journal entries related to cash and credit card activities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree in accounting or 3 to 5 years of experience required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with spreadsheet software required
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Erin Weisz