Senior Fullstack Engineer
$150k - $165k
Our client is looking for a full-time Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join a uniquely specialized team. The team itself is building the next generation digital ad platform and the software to support it. As a member of this specialized team, your mission is to contribute to a team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way client/user business is run. Qualified candidates should be experts in Python and React, an expert in crafting/maintaining RESTful APIs, and have experience in developing, deploying, and scaling SaaS applications.
The client is an award-winning news leader whose mission is to connect, inform, and enlighten local, national and global readers with trustworthy reporting, in-depth analysis and engaging opinions. The client is a tech company just as much as it is a media company, combining world-class journalism with the latest technology and tools so readers can interact anytime, anywhere. Company approach is always the same– shape ideas, redefine speed, take ownership and lead. Every employee, every project, every day.
This role is a 100% remote position to qualified candidates anywhere within the US with the option to be hybrid or strictly in-person depending on candidate preference.
Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help our team raise game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
As an integral member to this team, candidates can expect to lead a healthy work-life balance with the support of multiple unique benefits as well as various expressions of flexibility centered around candidates when needed. The client is ultimately seeking experts with the hope and expectation to retain them long-term. A challenge that promotes growth and a high level of collaboration from other experts is while being amply supported is what awaits competitive “best fit” candidates.Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience building and delivering highly-performant, customer-facing applications
- Excellent design and coding skills in Python, React
- Excellent research, analysis, problem-solving and writing skills
- Experience in development, deployment and scaled SaaS applications combined with a develop model
- Strong understanding of browsers and the HTTP protocol
- Expertise working with RESTful APIs
- Desire to work in an agile environment with frequent releases
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with component driven development
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) like Lambda, Kinesis Firehose, Step functions, Glue, Pipeline.
- Experience with Athena, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders to define requirement and scope
- Establish practical and extensible software development patterns
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineers in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions
- Collect and decide on backend best practices and guidelines
- Build and refactor Applications with readable, testable, easily extended code
- Mentor other Engineers through pair programming and code reviews
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle: coding, testing, architecture, design reviews, etc.
- Be the principal engineer for large web applications.
- Bonus eligible
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability
- 401k with match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Paid Sick Time
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Posted by: Edison Urena-Yanez