QA Engineer / Chicago
$100k - $110k
Overall responsibility: Uprooting bugs and teaming up with Dev/other team members to squash bugs when testing on multiple Operating Systems and web browsers, while participating in the ongoing creation and improvement of test cases that are easy to understand, repeatable and deterministic.
Key areas of responsibility
- Identify software issues and submit to Development for resolution. (50%)
- Create easy to understand, repeatable and deterministic test cases. (40%)
- Contribute solutions to the knowledge-base. (5%)
- Participates as a proactive member of the Liquidware Labs QA team by contributing to the company as follows: (5%)
- Meets or exceeds short and long-term productivity goals established by the QA Director.
- Takes accountability and helps resolve any issues preventing the achievement of timely, quality, and cost-effective product releases.
- Maintains high standards of excellence and strong work ethics.
- 4+ years in technical orientated QA Test Engineer role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation, and platform communications.
- Strong background & understanding in virtualization technologies, including VMware vSphere/ESXi/View or Horizon View, Hyper-V and Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/AWS/Azure & Windows Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, being able to break down and understand complex issues when they arise. Strong background in windows profile management.
- A proven track record of collaborating with both Developers and fellow QA team members.
- Ability to create easy to understand, repeatable and deterministic test cases.
- Ability to script and/or automate test cases.
- QA tools: Microsoft Test Manager, Fogbugz, JIRA, Confluence, TestRails
Posted by: Sam Supple