Lead Network Engineer (Remote)
Weehawken, New Jersey
$65.63/hr - $75/hr
Our client is looking for a Lead Network Engineer for an 11-month contract and will be working remotely.
Join the team at this Fortune 500 communications provider that's been around for nearly a century and be part of a mission to improve people's lives by connecting them to the power of the digital world.
Contract Duration: 11 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in Guiding and providing Training to End Users around the Network.
- High-end consulting roles and specialized experience in IT/software in different industries with different functionalities of the Business, Computer systems analyst, computer programmer, software engineer, or other similarly skilled worker in the computer field performing the duties.
- Knowledge, deep understanding, and great experience in IT /Network.
- 7 years in the Financial Industry, in a Trading environment.
- Experience in the Architecture, Design, Implementation, and Maintenance of Trading-related Network infrastructure, such as Market Data Distribution Networks, and ultra-low-latency and low-latency networks.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work effectively and productively with others, and still comfortable working independently.
- Architect, Design, Implement, and Troubleshoot Networks for different needs in the financial industry experience.
- A solid background designing, managing, and troubleshooting diverse multi-protocol, switched, and routed enterprise networks.
- Good at documentation in general.
- Competent in working with network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues with both external and internal clients.
- Heavy hands-on experience with multiple internetworking devices
- Strong ability to use packet tracing technologies to troubleshoot network issues.
- Strong and extensive knowledge of complex protocols and technologies.
- Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2, Static Routing, route-redistribution, summarization, Policy-Routing.
- Switching: Trunking, spanning- tree, dot1q, VLANs, VTP, Ethernet switching, multi-layer switching, vPC, MLAG.
- Multicast: PIM, IGMP, MSDP
- Network Services: TCP/IP, UDP, HSRP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, TFTP, NAT, TACACS, SSH, NTP, SYSLOG, TELNET,
- Network Management/Automation: SNMP, SYSLOG, IPSLA, NETFLOW, Network Telemetry, and Network automation tools.
- Security: IPSEC, VPNS, Firewalls.
- Packet Analysis: Wireshark, sniffers, packet captures, and packet decodes, Market Data packet decodes, FIX packet decodes.
- Vendor-specific technology expertise: Cisco switches and Routers: Cisco 4900M, Cisco Nexus3064, Nexus 3548, Cisco 3750, Cisco 6500, Cisco 3800, Cisco 7200, Cisco 7600,
- Arista 7150, 7050, 7500 series
- Fortinet Firewalls and Technologies
- Juniper Netscreen and SRX Firewalls.
- Corvil CNE-2100, 2110, 2300, 6300 7300, 8600, 8800, and CMCs.
- SevOne SNMP Management system.
- Cisco or similar industry certifications.
- Specialized knowledge and certification in Network.
- Network analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, or modification of computer systems/ programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Design, documentation, testing, creation, or modification of computer programs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Mark Reyes