Staff Security Engineer
Boston , Massachusetts
$180k - $200k
We are working with a company that is focused on providing experiences over emails to companies of all sizes ranging from entrepreneurs and iconic brands. They bring together data, technologies, and experience to provide business details through emails all over the country. They are looking for a Staff Security Engineer – Threat Response.
- Threat Detection and Monitoring:
- Utilize security tools and technologies to identify and respond to security incidents and threats.
- Develop and implement strategies for continuous monitoring of the security landscape.
- Incident Response:
- Lead and coordinate response efforts during security incidents or breaches.
- Perform detailed forensics analysis to determine the root cause of incidents.
- Vulnerability Management:
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify potential weaknesses.
- Work with cross-functional teams to remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Security Tooling:
- Evaluate, implement, and manage security technologies and tools to enhance the security posture of the organization.
- Threat Intelligence:
- Stay current with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation strategies.
- Incorporate threat intelligence into security operations to proactively defend against emerging threats.
- Experience in triaging and responding to alerts, cyber threats and incidents
- Experience in log analysis, incident response and/or digital forensics
- Experience with SIEM and centralized logging (e.g., Splunk)
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- Experience leveraging programming languages to automate or build features (e.g., Python, Go and/or Ruby)
- Understand techniques, tools and procedures used by threat actors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field. Advanced degrees and certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CEH) are a plus.
- Proven experience in a security engineering role, with a focus on threat response and incident management.
- Proficiency in using security tools and technologies, such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, antivirus, and endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, operating systems, and security architectures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g., AWS, GCP) and familiarity with cloud security best practices.
- Knowledge of relevant compliance standards and regulations.
Posted by: Amanda Oliver