Senior Embedded Software Manager
$200k - $230k
Our client is a leading medical device company dedicated to developing innovative and life-changing healthcare solutions. With a commitment to advancing medical technology, they are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Embedded Software Manager to join their dynamic team in Boston.
As the Senior Embedded Software Manager, you will play a pivotal role in leading and managing the embedded software development team. You will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and implementation of embedded software for their cutting-edge medical devices. This role requires a combination of technical expertise, leadership skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality software solutions that impact patient outcomes.
- Lead and mentor a team of embedded software engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members, ensuring the successful execution of projects.
- Drive the development of embedded software solutions for medical devices from concept to delivery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers, systems engineers, and quality assurance professionals.
- Develop and execute project plans, ensuring adherence to timelines and budgets.
- Identify and mitigate risks, and proactively address challenges to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and advancements in embedded software development for medical devices.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Work closely with other departments, including R&D, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Affairs, to ensure seamless integration of software components into the overall product architecture.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in leading embedded software development teams in a regulated environment, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Strong proficiency in embedded programming languages such as C and C++.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) and embedded software development tools.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulatory requirements (e.g., FDA, ISO 13485).
Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with a focus on quality and reliability.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Posted by: Nicholas Costello