Senior Embedded Software Engineer
$130k - $180k
Company Overview: Our client is a leading innovator in the healthcare industry, dedicated to developing cutting-edge medical devices that improve patient outcomes and enhance healthcare practices. They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join their dynamic team and contribute to the development of state-of-the-art medical devices.
Position Overview: As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, and implementation of embedded software for their medical devices. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in low-level C programming, possess a deep understanding of embedded systems, and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement low-level embedded software for medical devices in compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers, software developers, and quality assurance, to define system architecture and software requirements.
- Develop and maintain device drivers, firmware, and real-time operating systems for embedded systems.
- Perform code reviews, debugging, and troubleshooting to ensure software reliability, performance, and safety.
- Participate in the verification and validation of embedded software, including unit testing and integration testing.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in embedded software development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Embedded Software Engineer with a focus on low-level C programming.
- Strong understanding of embedded systems, real-time operating systems, and device drivers.
- Experience in medical device development and familiarity with regulatory standards (e.g., ISO 13485, IEC 62304) is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in debugging tools, version control systems, and software development environments.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Problem-solving mindset with attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality software.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
If you are passionate about leveraging your expertise in low-level embedded software programming to make a significant impact in the medical device industry, we encourage you to apply. Join our clients mission to advance healthcare through technological innovation.