Cloud Security Analyst (HYBRID in D.C. or Manassas, VA)
$45/hr - $50/hr
The company is looking for creative individuals interested in helping grow something truly unique in their markets. While the ideal candidate is great at independently getting their work done, at the same time they are a team player who readily and proactively contributes to team activities to both the team and client’s consistent satisfaction. This position is a 6-month contract to hire.
This position is a hybrid model, will be on-site for two days per week, either in Washington, DC, or Manassas, VA.
What You Will Be Doing:
· Analyze cloud services, APIs, and log payloads to ensure industry standards and security needs.
· Provide development and revision from cyber leads on solutions that incorporate cloud technologies. Also provide advisement to leadership & cyber teams in current technologies to include new cloud, mobile, and desktop application work products.
· Provide technical support for cybersecurity on related cloud technologies and other assignments.
· Provide analysis and reporting on the cloud products currently in use to include high-risk services, data usage, and threats.
· Executing cloud security controls and appropriate processes for designing security capabilities.
· Collaborate with IT, Data Engineers, and Product Managers to optimize security across cloud and on-premises ecosystems.
· Create technical documentation as needed.
· Work closely with security team for additional security practices and support.
Required Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Five (5) years of experience in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
· One (1) to two (2) years of experience implementing or supporting cloud-based cybersecurity.
· Understanding and familiarity with cloud architectures (e.g., SaaS, PaaS), common commercial cloud systems (e.g., Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, AWS, Oracle), and cloud security solutions (e.g., Cloud Access Security Broker, Multi-factor Authentication, Zero Trust Architecture).
· Knowledge of common cybersecurity technical controls and their application to cloud systems, such as access control, audit and accountability, configuration management, identification and authentication, system and communication protection, and system and information integrity.
· Understanding of U.S. Government cybersecurity standards and methodologies including FISMA, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-37 Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-53 Cybersecurity Controls, and the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP).
· Knowledge of other common industry cybersecurity standards and organizational best practices.
· Knowledge of current cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
· Understanding of basic information technology concepts, systems, and network architecture.
· Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
· Demonstrated experience supporting CASB/SASE solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Achievement of CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) or industry cloud certification preferred.
· Enduring Curiosity: A relentless desire to learn and solve complex problems.
· Innate Passion for Challenges: A deep appreciation for the journey and process of mastering skills.
· External Drive for Proficiency: A strong motivation to excel in consulting, IT, cybersecurity, and industry best practices.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position doesn’t provide sponsorship.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Ashton Corbett