Senior Cyber Training Content Developer
Fort Meade, Maryland
$100k - $150k
Are you a skilled and experienced Cyber Training Content Developer seeking a new role with exciting challenges? If you have a passion for cyber range validation, range control, and providing expert guidance on cyber range development and execution, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a position that requires 5 days onsite in Fort Meade, Maryland and you must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a clearance.
Job Summary: As the Sr. Cyber Training Content Developer, you will be the go-to subject matter expert for cyber range validation and range control. Your role will involve addressing ad-hoc technical requirements from customers and synchronizing priorities across the functional areas of our platforms. The position requires an individual who excels in high-pressure situations and can drive relevant teams to take the right actions.
Essential Job Functions: In this role, you will provide technical (back end) expertise to support large-scale cyber exercises and multi-spectrum cyber operations. As the principal advisor for cyber range operations, you will support Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) and Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO) activities for the US Cyber Command (USCC). You'll collaborate with highly talented and seasoned cyber operators to enable DCO and OCO operations for USCC and service components.
Required Skills: To be successful in this role, you should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Intermediate knowledge of the Joint Events Life Cycle (JELC) and defensive and offensive cyber tools.
- Expert working knowledge of networking, including DNS, routing, and basic to advanced TCP/IP skills for troubleshooting.
- Background in MS, AD, Security Onion, and VMWare.
- Demonstrated understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Identity Management (IdM) and Single Sign-On (SSO) using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Ability to translate cyber mission force training and mission rehearsal goals into actionable event environments.
- Support for cyber range event design and execution.
- Subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and system security.
- Willingness to fulfill regular on-call responsibilities.
- Drive for continuous process improvement across all event activities.
- Provide expert-level IT, virtual environment, and network support functions.
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with engineers of varying skills and experience levels.
- Flexibility and sensitivity to customer needs and requirements.
Desired Skills: In addition to the required skills, the following skills will be highly beneficial:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of DNS, routing, and exchange systems.
- Familiarity with Security Onion or SPLUNK, including interface requirements, scalability, Enterprise configurations, and VMWare port properties.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, both for technical and business communication.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Experience interacting with vendors, users, customers, and developers to understand operational requirements and changes impacting the production environment.
- Problem-solving capabilities involving integrated software and hardware platforms.
Required Education/Experience: To be eligible for this position, you should have:
- 4+ years of experience with CNO/CNE/CND platforms.
- 5+ years of experience with cyber training, validation exercises, and working with cyber protection teams (CPTs), including planning, coordinating, and execution.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or greater certification, such as Security+, CCNA, CISSP, or other equivalent certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as information technology, computer science, systems, or software engineering from an accredited college or university.
Other Requirements: Please note that this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship status and a TS SCI security clearance. Selected candidates will need to undergo a CI as specified in the Government's Task Order.
Posted by: Lauren Proctor