Cybersecurity Architect (HYBRID Manassas, VA or D.C.)
$85/hr - $90/hr
The company is looking for creative individuals interested in helping grow something truly unique in their markets. While the ideal candidate is great at independently getting their work done, at the same time they are a team player who readily and proactively contributes to team activities to both the team and client’s consistent satisfaction. This position is a 6-month contract to hire.
This position is a hybrid model, will be on-site for two days per week, either in Washington, DC, or Manassas, VA.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Function as the Cybersecurity solution subject matter expert (SME). Work with the project team as the solution architect to develop security solution architectures that follow the organization’s cybersecurity policies, standards, requirements, reference architectures, and patterns.
- Collect, interpret, evaluate, and validate business requirements, functions, and processes associated with assigned projects.
- Identify security risks and provide recommendations, solutions, and options to best mitigate those risks.
- Analyze user needs and requirements to plan system architecture supporting cybersecurity operations.
- Collaborate with system developers and users to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment.
- Design system architecture or system components required to meet user needs.
- Document and address organization's information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition lifecycle.
- Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, security, compatibility, or usability.
- Identify the protection needs (i.e., security controls) for the information system(s) and network(s) and document appropriately.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- Plan system implementation to ensure that all systems components can be integrated and aligned (e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software, and hardware). Employ secure configuration management processes.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process activities and related documentation.
- Translate proposed technical solutions into technical specifications.
- Provide input on security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
- Propose new technologies or procedures that could be used to advance the ability to detect and mitigate malicious activity.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of information technology experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Cybersecurity Solutions Architect.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in the application of Information Security Architecture in a cloud environment (Amazon Web Services is a must)
- Six (6) or more years of hands-on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS, FWs and NACs, Identity Management systems and protocols such as NetFlow (Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ISE, FireEye, Gigamon) and Web Application Firewalls.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, Azure and O365 and cloud access security brokers.
- Experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to perform security analysis, development, and implementation of security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business. Cybersecurity focuses on secure system design to ensure security is established early during the system development lifecycle. Secure architecture covers both cloud and non-cloud environments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Six (6) years of experience, preferably within the architecture or engineering practices.
- Enduring Curiosity: A relentless desire to learn and solve complex problems.
- Innate Passion for Challenges: A deep appreciation for the journey and process of mastering skills.
- External Drive for Proficiency: A strong motivation to excel in consulting, IT, cybersecurity, and industry best practices.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position doesn’t provide sponsorship.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental & Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Posted by: Ashton Corbett