Senior Firmware Engineer
Concord, New Hampshire
$100k - $130k
Our client is a leading medical device company dedicated to developing innovative solutions that improve patient outcomes and enhance healthcare delivery. With a commitment to cutting-edge technology, they strive to make a positive impact on the healthcare industry. They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Firmware Engineer to join their dynamic team and contribute to the development of state-of-the-art medical devices.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining firmware for their medical devices. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful integration of firmware with hardware components, contributing to the overall functionality and reliability of our products. The ideal candidate will bring a strong background in firmware development, a passion for technological innovation, and a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements in the medical device industry.
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded firmware for medical devices, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, software developers, and cross-functional teams to define system architecture and requirements.
- Conduct thorough testing, debugging, and verification of firmware to ensure robust and reliable performance in various operating conditions.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs teams to support the preparation of documentation for regulatory submissions.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior firmware engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continuously improve firmware development processes.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in embedded firmware development for medical devices or a similarly regulated industry.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C and C++ for embedded systems.
- Strong understanding of real-time operating systems (RTOS) and experience with microcontroller/microprocessor-based systems.
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, and experience with wireless technologies (e.g., Bluetooth, Wi-Fi).
- Knowledge of medical device regulations, including ISO 13485 and FDA QSR, and experience in designing for regulatory compliance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
If you are a talented Senior Firmware Engineer looking to make a meaningful impact in the medical device industry, we invite you to apply and join our clients dedicated team.