Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Manchester, New Hampshire
$120k - $160k
Our client is a leading medical device company dedicated to revolutionizing healthcare through innovative technology solutions. They specialize in developing cutting-edge medical devices aimed at improving patient outcomes and enhancing healthcare provider efficiency. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a talented Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join their dynamic team and contribute to the development of next-generation medical devices.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, and testing of embedded software for their medical devices. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including hardware engineers, firmware developers, and quality assurance professionals to deliver high-quality, reliable embedded software solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in embedded systems development, experience in the medical device industry, and a passion for leveraging technology to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded software for medical devices, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to define system architecture, select appropriate microcontrollers, and integrate software with hardware components.
- Implement real-time embedded software solutions for various medical device functionalities such as data acquisition, signal processing, and control algorithms.
- Conduct code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing to ensure software reliability, performance, and safety.
- Work closely with firmware developers to optimize code for memory utilization, power consumption, and performance.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, and verification/validation activities to support product development lifecycle.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies, industry trends, and regulatory changes relevant to embedded software development in the medical device domain.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded software development, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming languages and experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as FreeRTOS or Embedded Linux.
- Strong understanding of embedded systems architecture, hardware/software interfacing, and debugging techniques.
- Experience with communication protocols commonly used in medical devices such as Bluetooth, USB, SPI, I2C, and Ethernet.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle processes, including requirements analysis, design documentation, and regulatory compliance.
- Familiarity with medical device regulations and standards such as ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and FDA guidelines (e.g., 21 CFR Part 820).
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions.
- Flexible work schedule and opportunities for remote work.
- Professional development programs and tuition reimbursement.
- Exciting career growth opportunities in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
If you are passionate about leveraging your expertise in embedded software development to make a meaningful impact on healthcare, we encourage you to apply for this Senior Embedded Software Engineer position. We look forward to reviewing your application!