Director of Embedded Software Engineering
$200k - $250k
Our client is a leading and innovative medical device company in Boston, committed to developing cutting-edge healthcare solutions that make a positive impact on patients' lives. They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Embedded Software Engineering to lead our talented team of software engineers in the development of advanced medical device technologies.
As the Director of Embedded Software Engineering, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of their medical devices and ensuring they are both reliable and compliant with industry regulations. You will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of skilled software engineers, as well as managing the entire embedded software development lifecycle. Your leadership will be vital in driving innovation and achieving excellence in product development.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to a team of embedded software engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Mentor and develop team members, ensuring their growth and career progression.
- Drive a culture of excellence, accountability, and continuous improvement within the team.
Embedded Software Development:
- Oversee the development of embedded software for medical devices, including real-time systems, control algorithms, and user interfaces.
- Ensure the software meets industry standards and regulatory requirements, such as ISO 13485 and IEC 62304.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware, systems, and quality assurance, to deliver high-quality products on schedule.
- Develop and implement a strategic roadmap for embedded software engineering that aligns with the company's goals and long-term vision.
- Identify opportunities for technology advancements and drive innovation in software development.
- Maintain a deep understanding of regulatory requirements in the medical device industry and ensure that software development processes adhere to these standards.
- Drive project planning and execution, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Monitor and report progress to senior management, making data-driven decisions to optimize resource allocation.
- Identify potential risks in software development and create strategies to mitigate them, ensuring the safety and efficacy of medical devices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team of embedded software engineers in a medical device or related industry.
- Strong knowledge of embedded software development for medical devices and familiarity with regulatory standards (e.g., ISO 13485, IEC 62304).
- Proficiency in software development methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong problem-solving and risk management skills.
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including salary, performance bonuses, and comprehensive benefits. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge medical devices that have a direct impact on patient well-being. We are committed to fostering professional growth and development within their organization.
If you are a dynamic and experienced software engineering leader looking to make a significant impact in the medical device industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Posted by: Nicholas Costello