NYC only // for recent cybersecurity engineers // Head of Security
New York, NY
$230k - $260k
Hi there, thanks for applying!
A financial startup that provides a rewards program for renters in Manhattan NYC is looking for a head of security to lead their internal cybersecurity program. They've got a good amount of cybersecurity infrastructure already, but the internal team is just now forming. They've recently hired a staff level security engineer to do some of the tuning and configurations.
Now they're looking for a Head of Security to direct the program and make decisions on what implementations and tooling need to be worked into the environment. We're looking for someone with strong cloud experience and an understanding of incident response tactics and procedures.
This is a leadership role, but the ideal candidate will have a robust engineering background with a year or two in cybersecurity leadership and strategy. As such, there may be times when this role will step in to help the staff engineer with the hands-on work. The team will likely remain to be two people for the foreseeable future, but will hopefully expand eventually.
- 8+ years experience in cybersecurity engineering
- 1+ years experience with cybersecurity program direction and architecture
- Experience with SIEM configuration and log ingestion processes
- Strong experience in AWS or GCP environments
- Ability to come into Manhattan (Noho) 3x a week
- Strong healthcare package
- Generous equity package
- Strong PTO plan and additional sick time
- 401k plan with matching
- Many more!